Removing wildcards from DNS

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Oct 7 17:40:31 UTC 2003

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard at tesco.allyourdomainarebelongtoverisign.net> wrote:
> Inasmuch as wildcards are an internal matter for a set of cooperating peer
> content DNS servers, there's no way that they can be "wiped off DNS",
> anymore than any other server-side aliasing mechanism can be.

of course, but my point is: let's get rid of wildcards. I've heard opinions
that they have legitimate use, but can't find _any_ use that could be calles
legitimate, and would be worth of receiving spam, flooding the network with
crap and easting DNS servers' and http proxies' resources...

> MU> Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
>
> You've used it the "From:" field of a posting on a Usenet newsgroup.=20
> "W32/Swen.A at mm" is coming your way.

that is a political solution, not a technical, nobody can now say I agree
with spam if I'll sue them.
Warning: I don't wish to receive e-mail advertising to this address.