problem with recursive clients limit (details needed)

Josh Brooks user at mail.econolodgetulsa.com
Thu Oct 23 16:50:04 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am getting these errors in my /var/log/messages using bind 9.2.1:

no more recursive clients: quota reached
last message repeated 195 times
no more recursive clients: quota reached
last message repeated 62 times

Anyway, I have seen in usenet how to solve this - the general answer is:

recursive-clients XXXX

Where I set a number larger than the default of 1000.  Ok, fair enough.

I have two questions:

1. can you explain that solution - do I put that in named.conf  ?  Do I
set it as an env variable ?  Do I compile it in ?

2. Is this indeed the correct fix for this problem, or is there something
else or something additional I should do ?  (please be specific - if you
just tell me a line, I won't know whether that goes in named.conf or gets
compiled in, or is a config option or what ..)

thanks,

John