ICANN action on Verisign hijacking

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Sep 23 17:31:23 UTC 2003

    Michelle> Because I am working for the French Governement I lost
    Michelle> many Money...

    Michelle> Can anyone temme me WHAT I CAN DO ???

First of all, give details of your complaint -- what happened, what
were the consequences, what it cost, etc -- to ICANN. They will be
your best hope as the quickest way to get Verisign to do the Right
Thing. They may well be looking for actual examples of people who have
been damaged by Verisign's behaviour. What happened to you could be
the proof/justification they need to take action against Verisign.

The second thing I'd do is consult a lawyer. You may have grounds for
legal action against Verisign. If their gratuitous and unannounced
addition of wildcards has cost you money, you should be able to sue
them.

Since you're working for the French government, you might want to
consider making a formal protest to the US Department of Commerce
and/or Department of State.