Making windows 2003 DNS work with old BIND 8 DNS

GG gretzkygirl44 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 23:19:57 UTC 2004

OK - SO here is the set up. Have an NT 4.0 domain now. About 10,000
client machines, some part of the domain, some not. I am migrating the
domain to a Win 2003 Active Directory domain. The main DNS servers are
AIX machines, BIND 8.0.x.
The DNS team will not make any changes to play nice with AD - well
they will add any static type entries we need, but they won't up the
bind level. I don't want to have the clients change anything on their
side. They will continue to point to the main AIX DNS servers. SO -
the question is, how do I (or can I) configure DNS on the Windows
server and what entries if any do I have the DNS team make so that a
client (whose DNS entries point to that of the main AIX box) can
access the domain resources with their usual windows domain ID???

Thanks for any and all information!
Maria