Running BIND on MacOS X ?

jeff donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Fri Nov 5 16:49:45 UTC 2004

Greetings,

ive been running Bind on OSX for several years now. until recently all
has been fine. I am having some issues with 10.3.5 on a non-xserve.
all other versions have been working very well as long as you don't use
apples GUI ( which stinks IMHO ).

if you manage Bind from the command line it should work just fine.
is your HP sys having problems or do you just feel that it needs to be
upgraded? one of most reliable dns servers is running on a P2 233 w
BSDi that has been in production since 1998. i have thought many times
about replacing it with a new machine, but it just works, so why would
i mess with it? :)

--j