dns_master_load issues

Lance Albertson lance at ksu.edu
Mon Aug 15 16:23:20 UTC 2005

I've encountered a rather annoying issue with bind 9.3.1 lately.
Whenever I start up bind I get an error similar to this:
dns_master_load: pri/foo.com:2392: ran out of space
zone foo.com/IN: loading master file pri/foo.com: ran out of space

This error started coming up after I changed all the $ORIGIN's to
something more relative than an absolute subdomain, example:

$ORIGIN bar.foo.com

Changed to:

$ORIGIN bar

Thus making the value I have in named.conf for the zone be directed for
the appending part. Is there some data structure size limit that I'm
reaching or whats causing this? I have approximately 120 origins in this
zone file. I tried playing with the datasize and stacksize settings to
see if it'd fix it, and I still got the same error.

I've also tried looking in the archives and couldn't find a reference to
this problem.

Cheers,

--
Lance Albertson