REPOST: Another chroot/logging question

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Tue Feb 8 05:50:24 UTC 2005

Trying again...
So I have BIND9 running in a chroot on a Solaris 9 system in /var/local/dns

/var/local/dns/etc/TIMEZONE is a copy of /etc/TIMEZONE
/var/local/dns/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo is a copy of
          /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo

Yet logs from BIND *still* show up in UTC. I shouldn't say "still" - I
know I fixed this at one point bt adding the /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo,
but sometime in recent months it's returned to logging in UTC, and I
can't figure out why.

Note the zoneinfo directory was copied with a tar, so all special files
and directories were preserved.

I checked the FAQ, and all the things mentioned there (which are only
the above two) are done. I searched google and didn't find anything else.

Bind 9.2.2
Solaris 8 and 9 sparc (we have both, happens on both)

Thanks.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

  - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature