DNS Management Packages?

Bill Larson macosx-server at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 17:56:25 UTC 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:08 AM, Steve Fletty wrote:

> Is anyone doing distributed management of their DNS?
>
> Here at the University of Minnesota, we're currently using Qip (which
> we're
> not happy with) to allow LAN admins around campus to manage their
> particular
> domains and IP address ranges.
>
> This distributed approach gets the day-to-day DNS stuff out of the
> engineering group.
>
> Is there any package, either commercial or otherwise, which addresses
> this
> sort of non-centralized DNS managment?

I'm curious, what features/capabilities are you looking for?

If you were to identify what you need then maybe someone, or some
company, could address your concerns.  I'm sure that this is NOT an
issue isolated to just your group, which means that this is a more
common problem that may have a could/should be addressed by someone.

Bill Larson