local domains

Oliver Vecernik spam at vecernik.at
Tue May 10 18:51:59 UTC 2005

David Botham schrieb:
> Do you actually own the domain name "intra.net".  If not, and you want to
> go to "www.intra.net", you could be in trouble.

That's why I'm asking.

> Yes.  This setup is called a split DNS.

Good.

> Your internal zone file for your domain contains the *best* information.
> That is, for an internal server you have an internal IP.  However, for
> your www and mail you have an external IP.

>> www             IN      A       81.223.238.230 ; does not work!
>
> You will have to show me the output of your tests that show this does not
> work.  It should work.

Trying to ping www.vecernik.at works, but surfing does not work
(timeout). If I change from direct connection using my ISP's proxy (with
Firefox 1.0.3 on XPPro) it works! Why is direct surfing not possible
anymore?

What kind of output do you mean? I activated querylog, but I can't see
the answers from my DNS in /var/log/messages.

Oliver.