DNS Errors

Lou Goddard lgoddard at camptv.com
Fri Jan 13 17:01:00 UTC 2006

This is what you're looking for:

"The listen-on-v6 option is used to specify the ports on which the
server will listen for incoming queries sent using IPv6.
The server does not bind a separate socket to each IPv6 interface
address as it does for IPv4. Instead, it always listens on the IPv6
wildcard address.
Therefore, the only values allowed for the address_match_list argument
to the listen-on-v6 statement are { any; } And { none;}
Multiple listen-on-v6 options can be used to listen on multiple ports:
To make the server not listen on any IPv6 address, use
listen-on-v6 { none; };
If no listen-on-v6 statement is specified, the server will not listen on
any IPv6 address."

Keep in mind that disabling ipv6 does not disable the ability to serve
AAAA records.

Compiling:
Simply untar; ./configure; make; make install.  I don't know where bind
is located on Enterprise 4.  You may have to manually update the system
binaries.

Slow resolution:
Could you post a dig of the query?