gandi.net: how to use email forwarding and custom dns

ckuijjer at gmail.com ckuijjer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:01:31 UTC 2006

I couldn't use Gandi.net's email forwarding without using web
forwarding as well. To use email forwarding and custom dns settings at
the same time I have done the following:

- First set up email forwarding for all email addresses at
https://www.gandi.net/redir?l=en (to do so you'll have to use
gandi.net's dns settings).
- Use dnsreport.com or something equivalent to find out the MX records
(in my case redir-mailav-telehouse1.gandi.net and
redir-mailav-telehouse2.gandi.net)
- Set your customized dns settings at
https://www.gandi.net/dnsconf?l=EN and use the MX records from the
above step

Will only work until gandi.net changes its mail redirecting addresses