cannot connect

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Sep 28 21:55:56 UTC 2006

The dig command shows that the problem is not a problem on the DNS
server. I get the same answer here (the same two IP addresses), and I
can load the website just fine. Both web server addresses accept
connections on port 80.

What happens if you try to ping the name? This will test the stub
resolver. You should get one of these two addresses in the first line
of output. It doesn't matter whether you are actually able to ping
the web server.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice
Take control of your network