newbie need help to confrigure own DNS

Beech Rintoul freebsd at alaskaparadise.com
Mon Apr 30 05:44:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007, J.Bakshi said:
> Dave Henderson wrote:
> > If you can provide the contents of your bind configuration files,
> > I would be better at seeing where the problems lie.
> >
> > What is your domain name (fully qualified ie www.domainname.com)
> > and what if the address of the server you are wanting it to point
> > to?
> >
> > Dave
>
> Thanks to all responders,
>
> here is the domain I created a few days ago with webmin, but it is
> not working
>
> -----------------------------------
> $ttl 38400
> joy.edu.    IN    SOA    lvps87-230-8-228.dedicated.hosteurope.de.
> joydeep.infoservices.in. (
>             2007042502
>             10800
>             3600
>             604800
>             38400 )
> joy.edu.    IN    NS    lvps87-230-8-228.dedicated.hosteurope.de.
> ns1.joy.edu.    IN    A    87.230.8.228
> joy.edu.    IN    A    87.230.8.228

The domain joy.edu does not appear to be registered in the .edu tld.
Registration information can be found here for .edu:

http://www.educause.edu/edudomain/index.asp

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html