DDNS Registration behind Load Balancer

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:53:05 UTC 2008

Greeting!!

I am configuring a DNS setup where its mix of Linux and Windows hosts.
I decided to go with BIND rather than MS DNS Server. I have Windows
hosts doing dynamic registration to the BIND Master Server.

The next step on my project is add Load Balancer with 3 servers. I was
thinking of one master and 2 slaves initially. Then it struck me that
when a Windows Host does DDNS registration against the Load Balancer
VIP, and when the Load Balancer redirects the traffic to one of the
slave server, it will not accept the changes as its only secondary. So
now the requirement is have all 3 servers accept DDNS registration for
the same zone.

I hope some of you have already set this up. Please guide me on how to
achieve this.

Thank you very much!

~LA