Is it possible to use one KSK for multiple domains?

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu Nov 20 09:18:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 21:55 +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
> does anyone know if is it possible to sign multiple domains with one
> KSK?

	Adam,

	I suspect your question may need to be more specific.

	Are you asking about the signing process itself, or rather
	about how certain aspects of this process need to be exposed
	in the DNS?

	The RFC-fragment you cite seems to me to require that each
	signed zone needs its set of [KZ]SK exposed in the DNS, but
	to be silent on whether a single key can be reused by appearing
	as RDATA in the DNSKEY RRsets of multiple zones.

	I haven't read 4033/4034 thoroughly, so it's possible I may
	have misunderstood completely.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly