does allow-transfer have cache

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 00:37:14 UTC 2009

Currently I have primary (ns1) and secondary (ns2) dns on the same network. I'm now doing redundancy and planning to put
secondary to another isp. I have now setup the new secondary dns on the another network.

I change the allow-transfer { 1.2.3.4; localhost; }; to allow-transfer { 5.6.7.8; localhost; }; on the named.conf of the
ns1 assuming 1.2.3.4 is ns2 old ip and 5.6.7.8 is ns2 new ip on the another network.

However, ns1 still keeps on transferring to 1.2.3.4 but I can see it was denied since I have already change it to
5.6.7.8. I do rndc reload and /etc/init.d/named restart.

My question is does allow-transfer has a cache that's why named keeps on transferring the request to 1.2.3.4 and not on
5.6.7.8