BIND ignores changes in zonefiles

Marian Roess marian.roess at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jun 14 12:27:00 UTC 2012

Hello List,

please be lenient towards me, for it is my first post on this list.

I am administrator at the computing faculty at the TU Dortmund and
responsible for the nameservers.

Since yesterday we have the problem, that BIND is ignoring the changes
in our zonefiles.

This happened after updating the server from 9.4 to 9.6.

We have a script that generates the zonefiles for bind. This script is
working correct, i.e. the files are correctly generated and have no
syntax errors. When adding e.g a CNAME to our database, the script
generates a correct file, including this CNAME. BIND reloads this file
with its correct serial number, but when I dig the CNAME it is not
found. This also does not work with A records.

We are running BIND-9.6-ESV-R7-P1, but this error is reproducible with
BIND-9.4-ESV-R5-P1.

I would be glad for every hint and advise.

Greetings,

Marian Roess
--
Marian Roess