Performance tuning

Carsten Strotmann cas at strotmann.de
Wed Nov 28 14:54:15 UTC 2012

"Adamiec, Lawrence" <ladamiec at kentlaw.iit.edu> writes:

Hello Lawrence,

you problems might not be related to the configuration of your DNS
Server software (BIND), but it can be related to your internal name
resolution inside your organisation (forwarders, caches, mixed
caching/authoritative DNS etc).

Do you see the speed difference on the two websites (URLs for the
Websites) from within your organisation, or when using an "outside"
view (from home etc)?

Of course we here in this mailing list can only have the look from
outside, and that looks ok.

Optimizing an internal DNS name resolution infrastructure requires
someone that has knowledge on  all possible name lookup path in a
network (DNS, WINS, NetBT ...) and a good DNS knowledge.

I would recommend to get an expert onsite for an DNS audit if you see
the performance problem inside your organizations network. The BIND
configuration is usually not the issue.

Best regards

Carsten Strotmann