Cannot create A record issue

Jsilliman jsilliman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:40:38 UTC 2013

I can't seem to create an extra A record that works.  I've created A
records for ns1 and mail and they work if I do a bind lookup, but
nothing else works.  I did a lot of research before reaching out here.
 This is my zone file.   "Remote.example.com" never works...This is
Bind9 running on Ubuntu server.

Main zone file

;
$TTL    604800
@       IN      SOA     ns1.example.com. root.example.com. (
                              10                ; Serial
                         604800         ; Refresh
                          86400         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                         604800 )       ; Negative Cache TTL
;
@       IN      NS      ns1.example.com.
@        IN    MX  10    mail.example.com.

;       IN      A       69.62.x.x
;       IN      AAAA    ::1
;        IN SPF "v=spf1 ptr -all"
;       IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr -all"

ns1     IN    A       69.62.x.x

mail     IN    A      69.62.x.x
www      IN    A      69.62.x.x
remote    IN   A      69.62.x.x

Rev lookup:

; BIND reverse data file for local loopback interface
;
$TTL    604800
@       IN      SOA     ns1.example.com. example.com. (
                              1         ; Serial
                         604800         ; Refresh
                          86400         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                         604800 )       ; Negative Cache TTL
;
@       IN      NS      ns1.
215     IN      PTR     ns1.example.com.