100% CPU / wedge with 9.8.3-P4 & RPZ?

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:39:58 UTC 2013

Coincidentally yesterday ( 15, March ) at 1700 PST four of our name servers
were knocked off-line with similar large CPU spikes and no corresponding
spike in query requests.

We run Bind 9.9.2-P1 with RPZ feeds from Spamhaus and SURBL.

We are still investigating some other potential sources of the problem, but
I read your message this morning with great interest.

Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us