BIND 9.10 compilation problem for FreeBSD 6.x/7.x

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed May 7 10:48:57 UTC 2014

Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> Also one shouldn't need to add LDFLAGS="-R/opt/OpenSSL/lib".  configure
> adds it itself if the platform needs it. --with-openssl=/opt/OpenSSL
> should be enough.

I think the bug here is that configure assumes the admin has added all
possible library directories to the RTLD path, so it does not specify an
RPATH at all. However if (like me) you are passing a specific path to
configure then there is probably a good reason you aren't using the usual
system library locations, so you need -R as well as -L and -I.

Tony.
North Malin, Hebrides, Bailey: Variable or cyclonic 3 or 4, occasionally 5
except in Hebrides. Moderate or rough. Rain or thundery showers. Good,
occasionally poor.