Additional Section - TXT Format?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Mon Jul 11 13:30:03 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Ian Manners <ian at os2site.com> wrote:
> Hi Jun Xiang X Tee,
>
>> I have a simple question here. Is it possible to have
>> a TXT format tuple appearing at the additional section?
>
> Are you meaning to ask what switches dig requires to
> return txt records that include a term such as spf?
>
> This seems to ring a bell with me, have you asked this
> before?

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2016-July/097096.html

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2016-June/097012.html

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2016-June/097045.html

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2016-June/097047.html

These are all variations on a theme, with multiple requests along the
lines of "Please explain *why* you want to do this, and what *exactly*
you want to accomplish. That way we can actually help you, instead of
wasting our time repeating that this is probably a bad idea (or a
variation on a homework question)..."