Weird issue with bind & router

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Thu May 25 14:47:48 UTC 2017

Chris,

First, what a strange problem to have.

You really need to spend some time capturing the traffic placed on the wire via tcpdump and then slicing it up for clues with wireshark.

If you set a continuous ping to the router that would be a good timestamp that you can use to correlate as a marker.  When it stops responding look at all of the other traffic around that time.

I doubt that it will be BIND but stranger things have happened before!

Good luck.

John

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>