Zoneformat

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Mon Oct 28 13:48:40 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 6:08 AM MEjaz <mejaz at cyberia.net.sa> wrote:

> [...]

Your messages are so terse that it is often hard to know what you are
trying to accomplish, and so hard to answer.

It sounds like the 'search' directive in /etc/resolv.conf will do what
you want -- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_domain for more
info.
If you add 'search cyberia.net.sa' to /etc/resolv.conf, then lookups
for 'crm365app' will first be tried as crm365app.cyberia.net.sa and
then just crm365app.

Note that this is done by the stub resolver, and so you will need to
do this on each machine -- DHCP may help with this (see
https://kb.isc.org/docs/isc-dhcp-44-manual-pages-dhcp-options )

Please note that this is almost definitely a bad idea -- it leads to
all sorts of security issues; it's much better to just get into the
habit of typing 'crm365app.cyberia.net.sa' instead...