Interest in a webinar on any of these DNS mgmt tools?

Petr Bena petr at bena.rocks
Thu Jun 4 08:14:44 UTC 2020

Hello Victoria,

I'd like to also make you aware of a tool I made, although I am not sure
if it fits into this category, because it (on purpose) doesn't directly
edit the zone files - it performs all changes to zone files via
nsupdate. But it adds a graphical user interface + API. That makes it
very flexible and non-invasive, you can add it to existing BIND setup,
with no need to change anything. It's very simple in design (basically
just a PHP wrapper around dig and nsupdate), but we use it for
management of very old and very large DNS infrastructure and people in
our corporation are quite happy with it. The main benefit of this tool
is really that you can integrate it with pretty much any BIND9 setup
that supports dynamic updates.

+ It seems to work (at least in read-only mode) for non-BIND DNS servers
as well, we have some Microsoft DNS zones as well.

https://github.com/benapetr/dnsphpadmin