Using NAT64 for IPv6 only DNS resolvers

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Mar 15 20:40:29 UTC 2021

There is an open issue https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/608
and merge request https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/merge_requests/2166
to do this.

That said you should be asking your OS vendors why they are not providing/enabling
a CLAT implementation.  You could also look at using one of the other IPv4AAS (IPv4
as a service) solutions that doesn’t require manipulating the DNS, nor dual application
layer translation (e.g. DS-Lite, MAP-E).

Mark