Problem with installing /usr/local/bind/include/sys/bitypes.h...

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at iengines.com
Mon Jan 31 21:56:28 UTC 2000

On Digital Unix 4.0 and 5.0, this shadows the standard sys/bitypes.h.
The bitypes.h that comes with Digital unix defines things like
uint32_t as well as u_int32_t, but the bitypes.h in
/usr/local/bind/include/sys doesn't.   So when I include netinet/in.h,
which includes netinet/in6.h, which includes sys/bitypes.h, the wrong
thing happens, and I get a gazillion compile errors.   Unfortunately,
I have no way to disable this, since I need -I/usr/local/bind/include
to get the resolver to work.   :'(

Suggested fix: don't install a special sys/bitypes.h - AFAICT it isn't
needed on either v4.0 or v5.0 of Digital Unix.

			       _MelloN_