feature matching for BIND NT

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu May 3 05:31:15 UTC 2001

At 01:09 AM 5/3/01, Joe Rhett wrote:
>I'm just confused by your one-sided conversation about caching. I don't
>care about caching issues. I'm looking for a Bind Control Panel with every
>common ndc option. Simple, straightforward. 1<->1 feature match.
         I was trying to look beyond feature matching just for the sake of
feature matching.  In fact you don't have anything deeper than that. There are
a number of features that ndc has that BINDCtrl does not, including restart,
reconfig, and statistics.  Even reload in BINDCtrl doesn't give you the option
to reload a single specified zone even though that would be useful.  reconfig
is somewhat problematic on NT though doable and statistics cannot be done
as there is no obvious mechanism to return the data.

         I'm sorry you feel these were dumb questions, but I like to see beyond the
small details to the big picture.  Porting is not a simple process especially
when going to a totally different architecture. I like to have good reasons for
doing something, not just because it exists elsewhere.

         Danny