Why both BIND 8.3.0 and BIND 8.2.5?

David R. Conrad david.conrad at nominum.com
Fri Sep 7 14:31:27 UTC 2001

Joe,

Many (MANY) people (including IBM) complained to ISC when features were
added in minor point (bugfix) releases.  Before I left ISC, the policy was
changed such that only bug fixes were to be included in bug fix
releases.  New features were to go in point releases.  I would be surprised
if that policy were to change back.

Rgds,
-drc