BIND 9.2.4 NOTIFY problem from Master

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Sat Sep 25 22:00:19 UTC 2010

Hi Marty,

bind-users is a better list for this type of 'why' and 'how to' discussion.

https://www.isc.org/software/bind/news

BIND 9.2.4 is very old and no longer supported by ISC - we'd recommend
that you upgrade to something current in order to obtain the latest bug
fixes, features and protection from security issues.  I don't recall
offhand if there are relevant changes - but you can check this yourself
by looking in the release notes for newer versions.

Unless you disabled notify or changed how/who is notified in the
configuration, by default a nameserver loading a zone is going to notify
all the authoritative servers per the NS records found in the actual
zone that is loaded.  The one exception to this is the primary master
(as found in the SOA record for the zone).

If this doesn't help provide clues, please can you re-post your question
to bind-users - (noting that the community there will also most likely
advise you to upgrade your version too!).

Cathy