[bind10-dev] including estimated load of carried-over tasks

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Wed Dec 7 08:19:36 UTC 2011

Hello

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 09:50:14AM -0800, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> We briefly discussed taking into account the estimated points of tasks
> when they are not completed in a single sprint and carried over to the
> next one.  I think it makes sense, and this is a tentative proposal
> for that:
> - We include 100% of the estimated points of non assigned tasks (which
>   we already do?)
> - We include 50% of the estimated points of assigned but not in review
>   tasks
> - We include 25% of the estimated points of tasks being reviewed

I believe we got some confusion there at the time. There are two numbers:
• The number of points we did in each of the sprints. In this one, we consider
  the task to be inside the sprint when it was finished, and we hope that the
  carry-overs kind of level out over time.
• How many tasks will fit into the next sprint? We can have a feeling that there
  are many carry-overs, so we can't fill the sprint with full 70 points of new
  tasks and top it up with another bunch of carry-overs. I believe we don't
  really need a percent role for that, rather solve it on case to case basis.

With regards

--
This is a terroristic email. It will explode in 10 minutes,
if you do not close it in the meantime.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner