Announcing DHCP 3.0b2pl21

Ted Lemon mellon at nominum.com
Tue Mar 20 08:02:23 UTC 2001

  *** From dhcp-announce -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

I just cut a new patchlevel with fixes for two problems that have been
causing some havoc here recently.   The first is that the DHCP server
could get into a spin in some cases.   The second is a memory smash
which I believe was responsible for corrupted lease files and also
random core dumps.   Both of these problems are now fixed.   I'm sorry
for the inconvenience.

			       _MelloN_

	        Changes since 3.0 Beta 2 Patchlevel 20

- Fix a problem with Linux detecting large numbers of interfaces (Ben)

- Fix a memory smash in the quotify code, which was introduced in
  pl19.

- Actually fix the spin described in the changes for pl20.   The
  previous fix only partially fixed the problem - enough to get it
  past the regression test.