DHCP force renew

Vijayakumar T. T. vijayt at cdac.in
Tue Aug 14 08:10:50 UTC 2012

Dear All,

We have a specific project requirement in which the client system needs to
register the credentials on a portal. Registration purpose, the client
will get a quarantined IP (Restricted IP) from DHCP server to access
the portal. Once user register the credentials, the client should get an
IP from a different pool, which will have complete access to network.

Is there any mechanism by which I can ask a client system to renew the
DHCP setting with out disturbing ( system restart/service
restart/unplugging cable etc) the client system. Kindly guide

On forums, I come across "dhcp force renew" opton. I feel that it may help
me. So, please let me know whether "DHCP force renew" (RFC 3203)
implemented in latest ISC DHCP package. If so, how do I configure the
same.

Regards
Vijay