forget leases

Thu Jul 23 11:44:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:46:07 +0100
Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> > Goal: I want to have a pool from:
> >
> > 192.168.65.128 to 192.168.65.254
> >
> > The first host gets 128, the 2nd 129 etc. The max-lease-time is
> > 300s. I switch off the two hosts. After 10 minutes I take two
> > different hosts. Now I would like that dhcpd assigns ip 128 and 129
> > again to the new machines.
>
> Config/testing bench ?

yep

> No, you'd need to do some external work to make that happen. BTW - is
> the goal that a "new" machine will get .128, or that the "old"
> machine will get a different address - it makes a difference to ways
> of achieving it, and one is harder than the other ?

When using the test network, I'd like to have all hosts start from 128
(or, as you say from 254, that behaviour changed a few years ago AFAIK)

In fact, it's a /24 network and some hosts regularely come back. The
problem is now that I always have to nmap the /24 in order to find the
hosts that populate this network. And as I use clusterssh to manage
these hosts, each time I need to find out the correct command as
dhcpd reassigns the ip that it once assigned in the past ;-)

I was looking for an option "remove-expired-entries-from-leases-file"
or something like that :)

I agree: I'm terribly lazy :)

R.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.