need locking active?

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Sat Dec 4 18:38:42 UTC 1999

I saw innd(STABLE) stopped some days ago, when it tried
to syncronize active with actsyncd(mod-active) and to
create newgroup thru controlchan at the same time.  The
symptom is:

- mod-active renames active to active.old      (actsyncd)
- innd tries to open active in ICDreadactive() (controlchan)

And here is the log:

Dec  2 20:02:19 server innd: SERVER cant open /usr/lib/news/db/active No such file or directory

I think this is very rare, but there still remains its
possibility.  I'm thinking of locking active.old by
LockFile() in both innd/icd.c and mod-active(with external
forked process) to touch active.  Any opinions or
suggestions?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou