INN 2.3exp on HP-UX 10.20

Nicholas Geovanis nickgeo at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Mon Dec 20 17:28:53 UTC 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Do we have any report/insight on compiling/running 2.3exp on HP-UX 10.20 ?
> HP-UX has longstanding issues with mmap(2) and 2.3exp uses mmap(2) rather
> heavily...

I can tell you that 2.2.1 works fine on 10.20 as a feeder machine, with
the following qualifications:
  1) cnfsstat had to be patched to report percentage used properly. The
     patch (from Brendan Kehoe?) was made to 2.3 but needed a little help
     to go on 2.2.1 properly.
  2) Because it's a feeder, I'm not using overview and the only storage
     I've tried is CNFS. Of course no readers connect to the machine.

Browsing through the INN 2.2.1 code and HP doc, the crucial issue seems to
be the need for msync() calls at appropriate times, and the code appears
to include those calls where needed. Of course I haven't studied all of
the code in minute detail.

V n-geovanis at nwu.edu