Draft INN FAQ posted

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 23 16:29:54 UTC 1999

Hans Lambermont <Hans.Lambermont at garg.mpn.cp.philips.com> writes:

> Good start ! I suggest we add a list if not-yet-answered questions to
> it, in order to make sure the documents will be a 'live' document.

Sure, sounds good to me.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

> Furthermore, we should add a chapter on upgrading from one (1.4.x,
> 1.7.x, 2.0) to the current INN.

There's a very early start at that in the NEWS file (but just for the 2.1
to 2.2 transition) that needs some additional expansion.

> Also a chapter on typical initial setups will prove valuable. Like
> 'small-intranet-only' to 'minor-feed server with local groups' to
> 'maxed-out full feed' server. There are a lot of questions on how to
> setup one of these.

I think this is better covered in Elena's docs.  The intention of the FAQ
is to answer more specific troubleshooting questions.