Draft INN FAQ posted

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 23 16:32:51 UTC 1999

Elena Samsonova <E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl> writes:

> I have some input for this FAQ, I have been receiving mail from people
> who found my docs.  I was just putting it into document form today.
> Russ, do you have the POD version somewhere so that I could add my stuff
> to it?

I was in a hurry and didn't feel like writing a POD to minimal digest
converter, so the source is plain text.  The HTML is generated
automatically from that, like with my other FAQs.  Should be reasonably
easy to turn it into POD, though.  The canonical source is the text
version that was posted to news.software.nntp.

Let me know if there's anything specific that you think would be better
covered in your docs and I'll just point to them in the FAQ.  My intention
wasn't to create an overlapping document; my perception of your docs were
that they were aimed more at introduction, tutorial, descriptions of
specific types of server setups, and a walk-through of the whole process
of configuring and running a server.  The FAQ is aimed mostly at answering
the specific questions about INN we get on news.software.nntp and
providing a starting point for other resources; apart from technical fixes
for specific errors, I'd rather defer most other material to other
documentation.