Inn 2.3.0

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Wed Dec 6 07:22:17 UTC 2000

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 around 13:04:11 +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20001205160810.A31001 at polyware.nl>,
> 	Pauline Middelink <middelink at polyware.nl> wrote;
>
> } why is expire doing this? I assumed it want to determine which
> } articles got removed by expireover to update the history. Can't
> } it just read and use expire.rm? (The file expireover neatly
> } created for fastrm?)
>
> Current expire.rm just includes tokens.  To update history
> with it, expire needs to know where tokens exist in history.
> I don't think it can be done smartly.  Rather expire.rm
> also should includes Message-ID to be removed.  I can do the
> work, but I, and also maybe Russ :), think history API needs
> to be integrated before it.

Oh, but if I read you correctly, and this expire scenario should work,
I can wipe up a patch myself. The problem was i'm not sure expire.rm
contained all the articles tokens. (what about corssposts? Are there
seperate tokens for it?)

Furthermore, does the history not include the /same/ tokens? It
looks suspisiously like it (3rd field) My plan would be to
read/mmap (or dbz) expire.rm and walk through the history
like expire does now, but instead of accessing every article,
doing an expire.rm lookup. Match -> killed. No match, may live
to see another day.

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink