Server Sizing

David.Smith at esa.int David.Smith at esa.int
Mon Dec 18 13:41:32 UTC 2000

I've just been asked to do a feasibility study for this client into having one
central news server for all their European sites.

At the moment they have servers at 5 different places, with different
configurations. They seem to want to get all the newsgroups apart from the
binaries.

Can someone give me a broad outline of the type of storage we are looking at to
keep that sort of news feed with maybe a two week life for articles?

Gut feel says 50 - 100 gig, if the server is going to survive for more than a
few months.

Am I right?

Dave Smith