auth people by email or flat file

Jean-Francois Brison jfb at iconmedialab.com
Tue Feb 15 07:50:03 UTC 2000

Hi all,

Is there any way to authenticate people by their email addresses so that
only articles coming from specific email addresses are allowed to post?
And what about the readers.conf file I read everywhere about?  In which
release is it included and is it considered as stable?

Another question: I have read about the ability to read
username/password from system files (ie etc/passwd).  Is there any way
to read password from another flat file in the same format (e.g. in the
same format as .htpasswd)?

Thanks for your time.

jfb.