Getting ready to land lots of stuff

Aidan Cully aidan at panix.com
Mon Jun 5 06:55:55 UTC 2000

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 02:16:47AM, Russ Allbery said:
> Finally, I've added the code to set up a bool type to the inn/defines.h
> that I've been working with, eventually to replace the use of BOOL in the
> INN source, since we need the lowercase version for Perl anyway and since
> innfeed has been using it for a while.  This will require testing to make
> sure it doesn't conflict with system headers, but it shouldn't.  I find
> the lowercase version of bool easier to read and more natural to use than
> the all-caps version, but more than anything else it's just a case of
> picking one varient and working to standardize on it, and defining "bool"
> is required for compatibility with Perl.

I think that because bool is a standard C++ type, its definition
doesn't belong in an installed header file.  The exported function
prototypes, declared variables, and structure definitions can all
use 'int', or 'char', or 'inn_bool', or something...  Perl
compatibility can be allowed by defining a 'bool' type in a header
file that *doesn't* get installed.

IMHO, of course...
--aidan
--
Aidan Cully       "I assume you're all in bands.."
Not Panix Staff      --Robyn Hitchcock
aidan at panix.com