Seeing: Server throttled no matching entry in storage.conf storing article -- throttling

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Jun 8 23:55:43 UTC 2000

New interesting "server throttled" problem, this one from
inn-BETA-20000607:

>Server throttled no matching entry in storage.conf storing article -- throttling

Haven't made any changes to storage.conf, which continues to be fairly boring,
just as it was pre-20000607 (basically, a local hierarchy in tradspool,
non BS binaries up to 40K in a text CNFS area, and the rest in a binaries/
miscellaneous area:

>method tradspool {
>        newsgroups: uo.*
>        class: 1
>        size: 0,1000000
>        expires: 120d
>}
>
>method cnfs {
>        newsgroups: *,@*binaries*,@*pictures*,@*sex*,@*multime*,@*job*
>        class: 2
>        size: 0,40000
>}
>
>method cnfs {
>        newsgroups: *
>        class: 3
>        size: 0,1000000
>}

Max size is 1000000 so I don't believe this is a matter of being clobbered
by some jumbo article bigger than that size.

The server successfully accepts articles for a time, so I don't believe this
is a matter of some path being wrong and storage.conf being mislocated/lost
in space....

Anyone else seeing this one?

Thanks,

Joe