Testing needed for the new date routines

Heath Kehoe heath.kehoe at intermec.com
Tue Jun 13 19:04:27 UTC 2000

>CURRENT snapshots have the new date generation routines but they're not
>being used to generate Date headers yet because I want to make sure they
>produce valid results.  So far, I've only tested the code on Solaris.
>
>I'd love for someone to test the code on a *BSD platform (anything that
>has tm_gmtoff and tm_zone in struct tm).  convdate with the -d flag will
>print out what should be a valid Usenet Date header.  Please follow up to
>the list if you can test on a *BSD and let us know if the results look
>correct.

HP/UX does not have 'altzone', it has 'daylight' instead.  So in
date.c I put in:

#ifdef _HPUX_SOURCE
#define altzone daylight
#endif

after the #includes.

root on sword:[76]# ./convdate
Tue Jun 13 13:57:23 2000
root on sword:[77]# ./convdate -d
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:57:23 +0000 (UTC)
root on sword:[78]# ./convdate -dl
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:57:23 -0500 (CDT)
root on sword:[79]# TZ=IST-3:30 ./convdate -dl
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:27:23 +0330 (IST)
root on sword:[80]# ./convdate "`TZ=IST-3:30 ./convdate -dl`"
Tue Jun 13 13:57:24 2000

-h