Can't expire, INN 2.3, AIX 4.3.3, largefiles

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jun 14 16:21:30 UTC 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> Suggestion:
> You didn't mention which compiler you're using. If you're using IBM's you
> may need to make sure that the "-bmaxdata" compiler option is turned on.
> There may be another compiler flag or two to check; see Chapter 8, "Large
> Program Support" in the "General Programming Concepts" manual. Also check
> that the AIX user limits on data segment size are high enough (or
> unrestricted) in /etc/security/user.

  I hope you're not saying that using 9GB of virtual memory is intended
behaviour! That's more than the history, index, and copies thereof!

  I assume this is some form of bug, because earlier versions of 2.3
certainly didn't require this much VM, even with much larger history
files. Hopefully there's a bug in the way the memory needs are calculated.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc