New setup question from me

Elena Samsonova E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl
Mon May 22 14:18:07 UTC 2000

Hi Jan,

> First Thanks to Igor and Elena for helping me with the md5 filter. :-)

You're most welcome. :)

> 1.) Is it posible to set userid/password on some group on the same host ?

Yes.  See nnrpd.access (or readers.conf if you are running inn 2.3).

> 2.) My custumer on our privat inn server wan't to be a moderator on some
> group,
> (he wan't to remove mails).
> Is this posible without login to our Linux (he is runing pc/win
> reader/outlook) ?

I think you should make him a real moderator, that is redirect all the
postings to his e-mail address rather than let them be posted into the
newsgroup and removed later.  See file "moderators".  He will need to
supply a special header "Approved: " in those postings that he lets
through, that is he will have to repost all those good postings with this
header.  I don't know how to do that in Outlook though.  If he does not
like this :) then you may try to play with permissions to cancel articles.
The danger here though is that if you disable the check, then anyone can
cancel anyone else's article which is generally not what you want.  This
is set in "inn.conf".

Regards
Elena