New setup question from me

Elena Samsonova E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl
Tue May 23 13:54:16 UTC 2000

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Jan Rockstedt wrote:

> Is 2.3 stable ?
> When will it be a none beta version ?

I don't know.  People are working on it in their spare time.  But may be
someone else on this list will know.

> | > 2.) My custumer on our privat inn server wan't to be a moderator on some
> | > group,
> | > (he wan't to remove mails).
> | > Is this posible without login to our Linux (he is runing pc/win
> | > reader/outlook) ?
> |
> | I think you should make him a real moderator, that is redirect all the
> | postings to his e-mail address rather than let them be posted into the
> | newsgroup and removed later.  See file "moderators".  He will need to
> | supply a special header "Approved: " in those postings that he lets
> | through, that is he will have to repost all those good postings with this
> | header.  I don't know how to do that in Outlook though.  If he does not
> | like this :) then you may try to play with permissions to cancel articles.
> | The danger here though is that if you disable the check, then anyone can
> | cancel anyone else's article which is generally not what you want.  This
> | is set in "inn.conf".
>
> He don't have the time to redirect all the posting.
> He only want's to remove a post if it has some nasty word or any .....
>
> Is there any web interface or any other simply program to run for him in the
> Linux ?

Not to my knowledge.  As I said, you can either allow users to cancel
other people's articles, and then he can do it from his Outlook, or you
can try to see if you can make this cancelling selective, but I don't know
on the top of my head if it will work.

Regards
Elena