New setup question from me

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue May 23 21:34:15 UTC 2000

Jan Rockstedt <jan.rockstedt at datarutinmedia.se> writes:

> Is 2.3 stable ?
> When will it be a none beta version ?

INN 2.3 is quite stable.  My personal list of things that I wanted to get
to before proposing we declare it released is the patch to reject long
message IDs up-front and looking at why libtool isn't installing shared
libraries quite right (I think I know what's wrong with this).  I'd also
kind of like to go through all of my old saved news.software.nntp messages
and make sure I'm not overlooking something else that should be fixed.

I'm also hoping to update newsfeed.stanford.edu to INN 2.3 sometime in the
very near future, so that my main production feed server is also running
it.