moving cycbuf and regenerating histry and overview

Robert Milkowski milek at task.gda.pl
Wed May 24 11:45:06 UTC 2000

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <Pine.SGI.4.05.10005241124030.2983-100000 at kliper.task.gda.pl>,
> 	Robert Milkowski <milek at task.gda.pl> wrote;
>
> } > } What exaclty it means? Is it using old cycbuffs for generating
> } > } overview and history?
> } >
> } > Yes.
> }
> } heh.... while it was generating I wal looked at disks usage and it looks
> } lik it was using new ones but I'm not sure.
>
> Aha, I should have said the header in your cycbuff tells
> you are using in different path from former usage.

only tells and used new ones or used ones in header (old)?
cycbuff.conf pointed of course to new ones.

> } Anyway if it was using old cycbuffs how force it to use new ones?
> } And how to check which one it is using now?
>
> You need to check current cycbuff.conf which tells new
> ones.

cycbuff.conf is configured to use new ones from beginning.

So, that message only informs me that something else was in headers (of
cycbuffs) and in cycbuffs.conf but it uses new ones as cycbuffs.conf
points????

I ask 'coz I'm not sure what will happen if I run new inn on new cycbuffs
(copied one) - meybe it will use old ones as headers in cycbuff says?
I dont' want it.

--
						Robert Milkowski
						milek at task.gda.pl