need help killing overview, getting desperate!

Jon Mansey jon at interpacket.net
Fri Sep 1 22:39:49 UTC 2000

Russ,

Thanks for that.

1) from man inn.conf

Storage methods other than tradspool always store articles in wire format.

Im only using cnfs here. Ill set it true anyway.

2) confirmed noreader:               true

3) removed ovmethod from inn.conf

4) issued ctlinnd shutdown, got this response

'ovmethod' must be defined in inn.conf if enableoverview is true

but enableoverview is false. ?????

Upon checking with vi, I find that there is a space after the word
'false '. I guess the inn.conf parsing code evaluates this to true.
Seems reasonable ;-)

5) restarted inn, no overviews being written. THANK YOU!

Shouldn't the eval code be fixed to prevent bozos like me from
getting these headaches?

jm

--

jon at interpacket.net                          Chief Science Officer
           "The Global Leader in Internet Via Satellite"